Is There A Show Without Lights?Posted on December 21, 2011
Can someone really imagine a show without lights? The DJs we interviewed throughout the year in our Facebook Fan of the Month interview series–click here to check it out–pretty much agreed that a show without lights is a contradiction in terms. And we agree. Lights are part of a show just as a limb is part of a human body. Well, their answers are more fun and creative. Read on:
A show without lights is like…
1. …dark. No, really, it’s like going on a date with a beautiful woman while you’re blindfolded! – Larz Hanson, Tenn.
2. …the dark side of the moon. No matter how amazing it is, you can’t see it without some lights! – Alex Bardos, N.C.
3. … feasting on bread and water when you could be having steak and lobster and champagne. – Kirk Hilzinger, Mo.
4. … a party with no people! – Aron Wickart, Ill.
5. … popcorn without butter. What’s the point? – David Dienstbier, Neb.
6. … an artist without a paint brush! – Mauro Advise, Calif.
7. … a birthday cake with no candles. Still tasty and great, but not as festive. – Curtis Rock, Texas.
8. … a Christmas without presents…POINTLESS! – Storm Savino, Fla.
9. … dancing in the dark. – Matt Holmes, Minn.
10. … watching a movie with no sound. It’s called audio-visual for a reason! Victor Wooten answered this question with “one-dimensional” and he was dead-on with his answer. An exciting show stimulates more than one sense. There are no exceptions. – Nick Pignetti, Md.
11. … SpongeBob SquarePants without Patrick. – Shawn Herold, Ga.
12. … a James Bond movie without a cool car or gadgets…it just shouldn’t happen! – Jasper Ibe, Canada