CHAUVET DJ Academy Lesson of the WeekPosted on May 28, 2015
If you run into any DMX-related problems with your lighting, here are a few simple steps to get you back on track.
1. If you are using wireless DMX you should connect a DMX cable, not an XLR cable, directly from your DMX board or Software dongle to the fixture.
2. If the fixture doesn’t respond, make sure the fixture is in DMX mode.
3. Some fixtures will have a DMX signal indicator to show that it is getting signal.
4. If the fixture doesn’t react then make sure the DMX address for that fixture is correct.
5. If the fixture is correct but still doesn’t react, then make sure the fixture has the correct channel mode or number of channels specified on your controller. Since some fixtures run multiple channel modes you will want to make sure that the number coincides with the board and the fixture.
6. If the fixture still is not functioning through DMX then contact your sales rep or customer service regarding further instructions or warranties.
Learn more about DMX and much more for FREE at Chauvet DJ Academy! Register today at www.ChauvetDJAcademy.com!