There have been good NAMM shows and better NAMM shows for us at CHAUVET DJ in the past, but the 2015 version was historic! We were humbled and honored to win four prestigious awards in Anaheim. To the best of our knowledge this is a first for a company in our industry.
Representing a broad cross-section of dealers and reflecting our long-term commitment to providing quality products to the market, the four awards are:
- The MMR Dealers Choice Award for Lighting Line of the Year
- The MMR Dealers Choice Award DJ Line of the Year
- Music & Sound award Lighting Product of the Year for FlareCON Air
- NAMM Milestone Award for 25 years in the industry
“The awards mean a great deal to us, coming as they do from the people who sell our products,” said Berenice Chauvet, Vice President of Chauvet. “Having dealers vote for us in the MMR and Music & Sound Awards shows that we are listening to their customers – our end-users — by developing products that offer the performance and value that the market demands. The awards also say a great deal about our dedication to service and our long-term commitment to our dealers and end-user customers.”
As proud as CHAUVET DJ was to receive these awards, we were especially excited by the enthusiastic reception our new products received at NAMM. “We released 16 new lighting fixtures and accessories at the show, ranging from moving head fixtures, Hex technology fixtures and battery-powered wireless lights, to new gear bags and a cutting edge new lighting controller,” said CHAUVET DJ Senior Product Manager Allan Reiss. “We were excited about these products going into the show, and the reaction that we saw from visitors to our booth made us even more pumped up about the coming year.”
Some of the highlights at our history-making NAMM booth included:
- The 6Spot Quad IRC all-in-one fixture consisting of six movable heads on a single bar containing high-powered Quad-Color (RGBW) LEDs and a unique slip-over design that fits most tripod stands (as well as the included L-brackets and clamping locations) to create unlimited mounting possibilities. This fixture’s six movable heads make pin spotting multiple locations or achieving total room or stage coverage easy; plus its pre-programmed light shows can be accessed wirelessly using the optional IRC-6 remote.
- The EZWash Hex IRC, a compact wash fixture using 6-in-1 (RGBAW+UV) technology to create literally trillions of colors. The newest addition to our EZ line of battery-powered, wireless fixtures, this battery-powered marvel means no cables to deal with, making set up and tear down fast and easy. Control is simple and easy using the optional IRC-6 remote control.
- The Intimidator Spot Duo 150, which features two powerful Intimidator Spot LED 150 moving heads pre-mounted on a single bar. The unit’s built-in pass-through hole allows it to be safely mounted on tripods, and its bright, compact and lightweight profile makes it perfect for mobile applications. Generate synchronized shows in Master/Slave mode with up to two units, which could be in combination with first generation Intimidator Spot Duos as well. Increase design flexibility and effects with separate color and gobo wheels. The Intimidator Spot Duo 150 allows you to enhance any light show with super smooth dimming and adjustable strobe speed. The fixture’s separate built-in movement macros for sound and automated modes minimize programming time. Power link multiple Intimidator Spot Duo 150 fixtures together to save time running cables.
- The Intimidator Spot 255 IRC, a feature-packed moving head spot fitted with a 60W LED to enhance any event or installation. Some of the most exciting features of this powerful new fixture are 3 new operating modes never before seen. “Totem Mode” allows users to limit the pan and tilt parameters to keep the light effects forward focused on the dance floor. “Manual Mode” allows the user to create a custom look and have it stored to recall whenever the light is turned on. “Delay Mode” is an advanced Master/Slave mode that allows users to operate up to 4 fixtures in Master/Slave mode, but will randomly create and add synchronized movement variations, making it appear as though complex light shows have been created.
- The Intimidator Wave 360 IRC, a stunning moving light array with 4 independently controlled heads on a single rotating base. Its narrow, razor-sharp beams of RGBW light create astonishing aerial effects, and continuous pan rotation and 4 tilting heads create unique and amazing effects unlike any other light. The Intimidator Wave 360 IRC has an easy-to-use full color menu interface, making manual operation simple and quick. Convenience features include wireless non-DMX control with the optional IRC-6 remote and the ability to power link multiple units together to save time running cables. The Intimidator Wave 360 IRC’s adjustable pan and tilt ranges put light where you want it, and the Master/Slave mode makes it easy to generate coordinated light shows. Built-in movement macros and color programs create complex looks easily.
- The Freedom Strip HEX-4 is another great addition to the Freedom family of fixtures, which all include built-in D-Fi transceivers, batteries and IRC remotes. The Freedom Strip HEX-4 has 2 zones of control to create great chase effects. The Freedom Strip HEX-4 also works with CHAUVET DJ’s FlareCON Air wireless transmitter. This 100% wireless linear wash fixture features 6-in-1 LED technology (RGBAW+ UV) to produce trillions of colors. Built-in automated and sound activated programs are also featured, making light show creation easy. An IRC-6 remote is included.
- The Slim Strip UV-9, an ultra-compact (0.5m) and powerful black light. Whether highlighting specific areas or just having a black light party, this economical and powerful fixture is a perfect solution. Truss mountable-design, included L-Brackets and safety cable attachment allow this unit to be mounted at any conceivable angle.
As much as we enjoyed making history at NAMM, we’re much more excited thinking about how new fixtures like these will be lighting up the future and helping our customers create ever more dazzling events. Happy lighting!