1. Favorite CHAUVET® light/product: I’ve really been pleased with all of my CHAUVET® lights so far, but my new Intimidator Scan LED 300 scanners are by far my favorite. Super smooth movement at any speed, solid quality build and insanely bright beams! They’ve really pumped up my light show.
2. Favorite CHAUVET® YouTube video: I’m a big fan of the “MiN Spot Array” video that shows off 48 MiN Spots going through a synchronized routine. Really cool!
3. Favorite LD: Willie Williams and Ethan Weber. The U2 360 tour was and is an amazing accomplishment on all levels.
4. Favorite event/nightclub with lights: I live in Omaha, NE and the best venue for live music and lights is Slowdown.
5. Favorite tip for new CHAUVET® user: I light the band more like a DJ than traditional live acts because we want the dance floor packed all night and that means it’s all about energy and movement. Best advice, based on my experience, is to plan the progression of your shows. Building a light show can get expensive very quickly, so start with foundation fixtures and build towards the effects that will complement your shows the most. Look for inspiration everywhere: architectural lighting, concerts, videos, etc. Color adds a huge impact. By playing colors off of one another, you can create a great looking palette of light with only a few fixtures. Oh, and if you are lighting a live band, don’t forget the drummer! Use a couple of LED PAR fixtures to uplight and downlight the drummer. It really makes ’em pop!
6. Complete this sentence: A show without lights is like… Popcorn without butter. What’s the point?
Want to be our Fan of the Month? Just “Like” CHAUVET® on Facebook and engage.