For movement and colorful effects at any event, Swarm 5 FX is a 3-in-1 LED effect light that combines red and green lasers, white strobe effects and RGBAW rotating derby effects into one fixture. Match the look of any event by creating customized looks and effects with separate color and program control. Increase control options using built-in automated and sound-activated programs or Master/Slave and DMX mode. Create a synchronized light show and save time running cables and extension cords by power linking multiple units. To simplify storage and transport, Swarm 5 FX fits best inside the CHS-40 VIP Gear Bag.
VIP Rewards Value: 300 Points
3-in-1 LED light that includes an RGBAW rotating derby, red/green laser and white strobe effect
Laser projects thousands of red and green laser beams
Operation allows for separate color and program control
Increase control options using automated and sound-activated programs, or Master/Slave and DMX modes
Save time running cables and extension cords by power linking multiple units
Fits best inside the CHS-40 VIP Gear Bag
- DMX Channels: 9
- DMX Connectors: 3-pin XLR
- Light Source: (Swarm™): 5 LEDs (1 red, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 amber, 1 white) 3 W (300 mA), 50,000 hours life expectancy
(strobe): 8 LEDs (white) 1 W (300 mA), 50,000 hours life expectancy
(laser): 532 nm/50 mW (green) laser diode, 650 nm/100 mW (red) laser diode
- Strobe Rate: 0 to 20 Hz
- Beam Angle: (strobe): 17°
- Illuminance: (strobe): 823 lux @ 2 m
- Power Linking: 15 units @ 120 V; 26 units @ 230 V
- Input Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz (auto-ranging)
- Power and Current: 62 W, 0.5 A @ 120 V, 60 Hz
66 W, 0.3 A @ 230 V, 50 Hz
- Weight: 9.8 lb (4.5 kg)
- Size: 9.75 x 11.7 x 12.2 in (248 x 298 x 310 mm)
- Approvals: CE, FDA
- Complies with FDA performance standards for laser products except for deviations pursuant to Laser Notice No. 50, dated June 24, 2007.
- Swarm 5 FX
- Power cord
- Hanging Bracket w/ mounting hardware
- Warranty card
Read Our Review
Doesnt last long
As Steven mentioned in his review. I just did a gig and after the show I noticed the the mirror assembly inside had fallen off! Since this unit was out of warranty I opened it up and I had the exact same issue with the plastic mirror assembly. IT had cracked from one set screw to the other. I have ‘repaired’ it using some super glue and epoxy. What a cheap part! I wish I had a 3D printer handy to print a new one. Or maybe the shaft for the mirror could be longer and use a bolt or something rather than two set screws in crappy plastic. Expensive unit for cheap plastic!
Mirror assembly is made of soft plastic, INcluding the Hub that the set screws are in. Both units have Failed mid-gig due to the hubs splitting. Very disappointed, especially since we Raised the issue with chauvet and heard nothing back from them.
Great light for the price
I have rented this light many times over the years. It has never failed me yet!