Meet our August 2011 Facebook Fan of the Month, DJ Curtis Rock, from Corpus Christi, Texas.
2. Favorite CHAUVET® YouTube video: Any of the ones that aren’t gimmicky, cheesy, or using in-your-face styles of selling. I prefer a more classy, business development and professional approach.
3. Favorite DJ: That’s impossible to answer because I have a lot of influences. I started DJing because I would listen to Scribble and Rectangle. I really miss DJ AM – I literally just missed seeing him perform at The Palms in Las Vegas when I was there. I really enjoy producer/DJs like Girl Talk, Skrillex, Dieselboy, Shadow, and Steve Aoki who I’ve seen live and put on an incredible show.
4. Favorite event/nightclub with lights: The Havana Club, which also happens to be my Saturday residency in Corpus Christi, TX, has unique architecture and a beautiful lighting design that stretches from the stage to the bar. Nocturnal Fest, which was held in Texas, had some really great lighting on their stage as well.
5. Favorite tip for new CHAUVET® DJs: Learn the basics and be familiar with your craft before you start making yourself public. Don’t start promoting and calling yourself a DJ until you have very basic abilities or you’ll begin your career with a poor reputation. Learn from people who have been around a while, but learn from new DJs as well because they bring new ideas and fresh perspectives.
6. Complete this sentence: A show without lights is like…a birthday cake with no candles, still tasty and great but not as festive.
Want to be our Fan of the Month? Just “Like” CHAUVET® on Facebook and engage.